||3 weeks ago|
|.github||2 months ago|
|.tx||2 months ago|
|Screenshots||2 months ago|
|misc||3 weeks ago|
|rare||3 weeks ago|
|.gitignore||3 months ago|
|.gitmodules||4 months ago|
|AppImageBuilder.yml||3 weeks ago|
|CONTRIBUTING.md||3 months ago|
|LICENSE||2 years ago|
|MANIFEST.in||12 months ago|
|README.md||1 month ago|
|freeze.py||1 year ago|
|pyproject.toml||3 weeks ago|
|requirements-dev.txt||3 months ago|
|requirements-full.txt||3 months ago|
|requirements-presence.txt||3 months ago|
|requirements-webview.txt||3 months ago|
|requirements.txt||3 weeks ago|
|setup.py||3 weeks ago|
A frontend for legendary, the open source Epic Games Launcher alternative
Rare is a graphical interface for Legendary, a command line alternative to Epic Games launcher, based on PyQt5
- Runs natively, and supports most of the major platforms
- Gets out of your way when you don't need it, allowing you to enjoy your games
- Tries to be as lightweight as we can make it while still offering a feature-full experience
- Integrates seamlessly with legendary as both projects are developed in Python
- Packages, packages everywhere
If you run into any issues, please report it by creating an issue on GitHub or on Discord: https://discord.gg/YvmABK9YSk
Rare is available as a flatpak. See rare.
Install it via:
flatpak install flathub io.github.dummerle.rare
Run it via:
flatpak run io.github.dummerle.rare
There are some AUR packages available:
- pypresence is an optional package. You can install it from DUR or with pip.
- Do not wonder if some icons look strange, because the official python3-qtawesome package is too old. Many icons were replaced.
There is a .dmg file available in releases page.
Note: When you launch it, you will see an error, that the package is from an unknown source. You have to enable it
Settings -> Security and Privacy. Otherwise, Gatekeeper will block Rare from running.
You can also use
Rare is available as a Chocolatey package on Windows. You can install rare with the following one-liner:
choco install rare
In releases page, AppImages are available for Linux, a .msi file for windows and a .dmg file for macOS.
In the actions tab you can find packages for the latest commits.
Note: They might be unstable.
Installation via pip (platform independent)
pip install Rare for all users, or
pip install Rare --user for the current user only.
Linux and Mac: execute
rare in your terminal.
pythonw -m rare in cmd
It is possible to create a desktop link, or a start menu link. Execute the command above with
--startmenu-shortcut option, alternatively you can create them in the settings.
Note about $PATH:
/home/user/.local/bin must be in your PATH.
PythonInstallationDirectory\Scripts must be in your PATH.
/Users/user/Library/Python/3.x/bin must be in your PATH.
Run from source
- Clone the repo: `git clone https://github.com/Dummerle/Rare
- Change your working directory to the project folder:
pip install -r requirements.txtto install all required dependencies. If you want to be able to use the automatic login, run
pip install -r optional_requirements.txtIf you are on Arch you can run
sudo pacman --needed -S python-wheel python-setuptools python-pyqt5 python-qtawesome python-requests python-psutil
python3 -m rare
There are several options to contribute.
- If you know Python and PyQt, you can implement new features (Some ideas are in the projects tab).
- You can translate the application in your language: Check our transifex page for that.
More information is available in CONTRIBUTING.md.